Ms. Isono’s Weekly Friday Note
For the week of January 13-17, 2020
- Phew! What a busy week! We ELA map tested this week, DIBEL tested, and opened our Living Statue museum on Friday! A shout out to all our parents for helping to prepare your child for the Living Statue project! Thank you for coming out to see history come to life!
- Honesty is one of our character focus traits for the month. I want to be honest and let my students and parents know that I was quite disappointed with the return of timely homework and behavior charts this week! I received 10 out of 25 homework assignments and 14 out of 25 behavior charts. Those who turned in their behavior chart and homework on time were rewarded on Friday with an incentive. If there is a problem with homework completion or signing the behavior chart, please communicate with me.
- Next week is another busy week! We will be MAP testing in the area of math, welcome UM athletes to read to us on Monday, and welcome the Red Cross on Wednesday for their pillow case project.
- OLWEUS day is Tuesdays. Please wear your shirts in support of this program on Tuesdays! This month's character focus is HONESTY and PEACEMAKER.
- Return signed homework and signed weekly behavior chart in the GRAY folder by Thursday. If you need a homework checklist, please click below.
Weekly Homework Checklist
- It's getting colder! Please dress accordingly. Recess can get cold and not be enjoyable if we are not dressed for the weather. If you need to bring extra socks or other clothing, you can keep them in your locker.
Monday, January 20: Read for Peace 1:50-2:35
January 21-22: MAP Testing (math)
Wednesday, January 22: Red Cross Pillowcase Project
Monday, February17: NO SCHOOL - President's Day
March 10 and 12: Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences
Thursday, March 12: 3rd Grade Science Fair
March 16-20: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
April 10 and 13: NO SCHOOL - Easter Break