Ms. Isono’s Weekly Friday Note
For the week of December 3-7, 2018
- A friendly reminder…..The 3rd grade winter performance is scheduled for December 11 at 7:00 p.m. in building #3. Performers should arrive by 6:45 p.m.
- Looking forward to the return of Flat Stanley!
- Come visit our Living Statues on January 18, 2019! Each third grader will be asked to research a famous/infamous person. Details will come from your child’s Reading teacher.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. ALL students are expected to be outside during recess unless work needs to be completed, a detention is earned, or arrangements have been made with a teacher.
- With the weather getting wet and cold, students may want to bring extra socks or clothing to keep in their locker or backpack.
Students should be reading as much and as often as possible. Students may read to someone or alone. Have your child record him/herself reading and listen to it together.
Students should continue to practice and master addition and subtraction facts. I ask that students start practicing skip counting (i.e. count by 3: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30 or count by 4: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40). Skip counting will help your child master multiplication and division facts. All students have an XtraMath account. If you need the information, please contact me.
Check your child’s planner each evening to see what is assigned for homework! Don’t sign the planner if homework is not completed.
December 11: 3rd Grade Holiday Concert building #3 at 7:00 p.m.
Dec. 22 - Jan. 2: NO School (Christmas Holiday)
January 18: Living Statues
February 8: Ms. Isono to Bozeman (High School Swim Championships)
February 18: NO School (President’s Day)
February 26 and 28: Parent-Teacher Conferences Building #1
March 1: Ms. Isono absent (State Short Course Swim Championships)
March 23-31: NO School (Spring Break)
April 19: NO School (Easter Break)
May 24: Ms. Isono to Kalispell (High School Track Championships)
May 27: NO School (Memorial Day)
June 6: Last Day of 3rd Grade