- I use this system for assignments such as homework completion, minor assignments and major projects. Although each assignment is worth a specific number of points; sometimes small, those points can add up to a large portion of student's grades.
- Homework and tests are graded using the number correct divided by the total number possible. This can be translated into a percent easily.
- I use this method of grading to determine how students have understood what I have taught. The percentage is figured into each student's final grade and it helps me determine what I need to do to ensure I reach every student in the future.
- I use Rubrics for many of my projects. Projects and assignments that I use rubrics for are often worth more points than other assignments. Therefore, they are worth more towards the final grade than other assignments.
- Students will be expected to complete late or missing homework before school, during Morning Break &/or Lunch, as arranged between the student and myself, until complete.
- Students may choose to come in to school early to complete homework for any class. My classroom is open at 7:45 for any student who needs help or wants to work on uncompleted homework.
- See my "Homework Policies" page for more information.
The following are percentage guidelines that the school has set:
100- 93 A
0-59 Not Passing